We designed and overbuilt our heavy duty swivel base rod holders to outlast the competition. When we set out to design and build our rod holders we refused to settle for the ho hum copycat mentality that plagues the sport fishing industry. We challenged ourselves to build the strongest rod holder using the thickest gauge materials within reason and keep the cost in line with our competitors and offer a no B.S. lifetime warranty.
We put an emphasis on building a product that will last longer than most people will own their boats and withstand the rigors of commercial fishing while sporting a refined custom look! Thanks to our in house manufacturing capability we offer standard boat name and graphic engraving for a marginal set up fee on all of our rod holders! Check out the specs below to see for yourself why our rod holders are better.
- Featuring a hand polished mirror finish ¼” thick 5” x 4” Top Plate with 4 mounting holes to accommodate 5/16-18 diameter 82 degree countersunk bolts. Machined from 316L stainless steel plate.
- Nitric Acid Passivated to MIL-I-45208-A Specifications for corrosion protection.
- As of May 1st 2020 we now provide 2.5" long 5/16-18 316 stainless bolts, nuts, & lock-washers for installation.
- Measure 9" deep for those who only use #2 short butts, or have clearance restrictions under the gun-whale.
- Features a removable pin to lock out the swivel mechanism while trolling.
- The rod tube on all our rod holders are recessed up into the top plate to minimize flexing and weld failure at the point where the rod- tube, and top plate meet via a heavy duty tig weld.
- The Rod tube machined from 1/8” thick walled 304L stainless steel. Designed to accept all 130 size class bent butts and features a closer tolerance fit with a heavy duty liner.
- Feature a heavy duty swivel mechanism which is a one piece design. 100% machined from 316 stainless steel round stock (not made from multiple pieces and welded together like other rod holders on the market). The bottom of the rod tube has a ¼” thick 316L stainless steel floor with ample clearance for water to drain.
- The backing plate comes standard in 1/8” thick 316L stainless steel and features a Laurel Tool & Engineering Co., Inc designed reel leash bracket which can be positioned at any of the 4 mounting thru holes and rotated to fit your clearance needs under the gunwale. Large footprint backing plates available upon request.
- Custom Engraving of your boat name/graphic is available on the top plate! (One time processing / set up fee of $200 with 3 week lead-time.)
- Available in 0 (90), 15 degrees.
- Lifetime Warranty against structural/mechanical failure due to normal use.
- 100% manufactured using Certified American Made Stainless Steel.